Should You Hire a Google Analytics Consultant?
Not getting the results you wanted from Google Analytics? It’s time to invest in a Google Analytics Consultant.
The benefits of Google Analytics
If you’re reading this article, it’s probably fair to say that you already understand the potential benefits of Google Analytics and are keen to reap its rewards.
When set up correctly, the data you collect from Google Analytics can tell you which pages on your website or blog are performing best, which marketing campaigns are working and which ones are not, where your traffic is coming from, information about who your users are, and far more. This information allows you to make data led marketing decisions. This will minimise costs and maximise profits and customer loyalty.
Most websites and businesses currently make use of Google Analytics. However, many are not using it to its full potential. This means its benefits are severely limited.
Here’s the kind of thing a Google Analytics consultant might look for.
Is your Google Analytics set up incorrectly?
Not tracking AdWords campaigns
Streamlining your data will allow you to easily assess the success of your campaigns.
Low bounce rate
This is a good thing right? Well yes to a certain extent. However, if your bounce rate is really low, say less than 50%, it’s almost certainly a mistake with your setup.
No test views or properties
Think about how disastrous it would be if you made changes to your Analytics account which caused data corruption!
Not tracking custom campaigns
The default settings in Google Analytics do allow some limited traffic tracking. However, to fully understand which of your campaigns are working, it is essential to set up tracking with custom built URL’s.
Not using custom segments
It is advisable that you use relevant segments and compare segments in order to best assess your users.
No view filters
Not set a filter on your own IP address? This would result in you tracking your own visits, fine if you are getting thousands of sessions per day to your website, but not ideal if you are just starting out. You can also use filters to differentiate subdomains, track logged in users, and much more.
Not tracking events
The basic Google Analytics code only measures pageviews. It’s intensely irritating when I hear the phrase “Yeah, we’ve got Google Analytics” only to discover that they’ve just dropped the base code on every page. That is not a good enough implementation to be able to use Google Analytics to grow your business!
Events tracking is one way to understand more about how people use the website. Are they watching videos? Are they interacting with your widgets? Are they clicking tabs? Are they adding things to their baskets on an e-commerce site?
If any of these apply to you, or you are having any other Google Analytics issues, hiring a Google Analytics consultant is the right step for your business and marketing development.
So, what can a Google Analytics consultant do for you?
The simple answer is sort out your Google Analytics account, implement the necessary changes and help you monitor the relevant data.
But a GOOD Google Analytics consultant doesn’t stop there.
They listen to your business objectives and aims, and design a Google Analytics implementation specifically for your business. Not an off the shelf implementation, but a set up to give you the data YOU need to make decisions and grow your business.
To break it down further, a Google Analytics consultant can:
- Help you clearly map out your plans and goals in order to understand how to get the most out of Google Analytics for your business.
- Audit your current account, fixing it if necessary, implementing the best practice for your business.
- Provide custom built dashboards showing your key performance indicators to help you assess your marketing and strategy performance.
- Provide monthly insight reports which will help you to make the right, data led decisions to increase leads and sales.
- Continue to offer support in order to fully optimise your digital marketing strategy.
- Google Analytics can be highly beneficial for your business, if set up correctly.
- The benefits of Google Analytics are severely limited if you have your account set up incorrectly.
- By employing a Google Analytics consultant, you will be taking an active step to improve your business, increasingly customer loyalty and driving sales and leads.