A marketing technology consultant helps you select, install, configure and use systems and tools that can grow your business.
As it becomes more important to collect and use data within your business, you need someone who understands both marketing and technology, and can act as a bridge between the marketing and IT worlds.
A marketing technology consultant can assist with:
- Understanding which business KPIs you should focus on, and where to get this data from
- Choosing the correct web analytics tool for your business (including Google Analytics and Adobe SiteCatalyst)
- Installing interactive, real-time dashboards within your business so everyone has a clear picture of what is going on
- Training staff on the best way to report data
- Enhancing email marketing systems with CRM and web analytics data
- Mixing online and offline data to get a 360 degree view of your customers
To become more data driven you need to have a technology literate digital marketing team in place. They should understand how your website works, what and where data is stored, and how to access that data.
The main complaint of modern marketing teams is that they can’t get the data they need from the tools they are using, or they have too many KPIs they don’t know where to start.
A marketing technology consultant can help cut through the irrelevant data and help you focus on what is important to your business. Whether that means a digital de-clutter (cutting tens of reports down to just one) or completely reconfiguring what data you collect and from what systems (full system integration) there is always something can can be done to make your life easier.
They can also help to make marketing more engaging and personalised by segmenting your target audience, and helping you devise promotions applicable to each group.
Marketing technology consultants can also provide training in web analytics tools such as Google Analytics.